Monday, January 26, 2009

Quick, Happy Update

Hidy Ho everybody! I just waned to pop in and say that despite my silence this past week, all has been extra happy and well over here at Mulverhill Manor.


My birthday week was really nice and as mellow as I could ever have wished. More and more I appreciate the quiet and unchaotic times rather than loud noisy affairs. (Although the music card I received from my sister in law Michelle --"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"--was a fun exception to that rule, let's be honest!) Michael brough me gorgeous flowers, the Anne of Green Gables dvd series I had wanted since I was 12 ( which he sat down, watched AND enjoyed all the way through with me--don't be jealous, ladies, my husband IS perfect after all), and a beautiful card. My dad gathered a million photos of days gone by and I was able to spend well over an hour going through all the fun, sweet, forgotten times I have had the privilege of living these past 31 years. My mother and father in law, Pete & Rosa, spoiled me rotten with a new set of scriptures (with my new last name on them!), some note cards for correspondence and a pretty little artistic plaque to display in my home. My visiting teacher spoiled me with LDS cd's to sing along with, and my co-workers gave me cards and a fun party(and a nice gift card from the VP of Sales, thanks Al!). I also received many, many emails, messages and phone calls from some of my very favorite people. Everyone was so generous, I'm sure I have forgotten a few things, and it was all so NICE! I definitely felt the love and will continue to carry it with me throughout the coming year. Thanks everybody for making me feel so cherished.


Mike and I met with our Bishop yesterday and he has cleared us to be sealed for Time & Eternity on September 3rd (our 1 year anniversary)!!! We are really excited and are hoping to be able to go up to Idaho to the Rexburg, Idaho temple so we can be surrounded by all our numerous family up there. There is a lot to figure out detail-wise, but we hope you will join with us in celebration of our great news in the mean time!


As Anne of Green Gables would say, "God's in His heaven; all's right with the world".




Love,
Autumn

7 comments:

mindy said...

That is awesome happy news! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jocie said...

Wondermous news! Any chance that Pete &/or Rosa might tag along? So happy for you. Hard to find the words. And Mike has show that his taste is only improving with age. Anne of Green Gables, awesome!

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Autumn- Joe and I were reading this post together and when he read the part about Anne of Green Gables, he unconsiously said "Eeghh!" I laughed because it's not like he doesn't watch sappy girlie movies with me all the time (and like it). Congratulations on the future sealing! We're looking forward to seeing you guys either then or sooner. Miss ya sista.

Janie said...

Wouldn't that be great if you could be sealed in Rexburg. I'm just so happy for you, Sweetie. It's about time the stars aligned for you!

nanajohanna said...

Like Jocie said, it's "hard to find the words." I'm so happy for both of you, and love you both.

Beth said...

I wish the Rexburg temple had been around when I got married, it is so beautiful! And I can only imagine being 'home' for a wedding. Happy birthday!

Jim said...

So the date is set! Outstanding! We can hardly wait. I hope people come from all over the Union to witness the , uh, union. It just so happens that you'll be here around the time of some of the early elk seasons. You might mention that to Mike.

Love,

Dad