Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Remember to Look Up

(Autumn, 2006)


Sitting in my office cubicle amidst a flurry of office drama today, I chanced to cast my eyes upwards and caught the gentle sway of eucalyptus boughs in the wind as I looked through the large skylight near my desk. I was instantly transported. What a lovely escape!
My friends, take a moment sometime soon and "look up". A change of perspective may be just what you need when you are feeling overwhelmed, and there are so many ways to accomplish a new view for body, spirit and mind. Give yourself permission to refresh. You won't regret it!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Your counsel is wise, dear daughter. And eucalyptus trees in rows along both sides of the highway were one of the things your mother and I enjoyed so much about living in California.Great look. Great smell.

BTW, that's a great photo you attached to your post, but who is the beautiful creature whose face decorates the white Mercedes?

James and Aimee said...

How brilliant you are to not only look up, but to recognize the beauty you are looking at. Some (like me sometimes) might be so caught up in daily strife that they don't notice anything else. Thank you for the reminder!