Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Love At Home

My Pippy Cat and My Miguelito

As Thanksgiving approaches my thoughts naturally turn to that for which I am most thankful. I am blessed with so many wonderful family members, friends, pets and things and so have decided against listing them as I am sure to miss someone or something. Instead, for now, I would like to focus on something else: the feeling in our Home. You guys all know me well enough to know why it means so much to me to finally have a Home. When my mom passed away 16 years ago, everything my family and I had ever known seemed to change. Our family had splintered in our pain and it was then that I realized our Home was no longer really there. Yes, the house had somehow survived our universe shaking loss of Mama, but that did not mean it still felt the same. I was thirteen and I was adrift in my loss and my desire not to be different because of my loss. Thank heavens for my loving family in these times.
Many years have now passed, and I now have that which I find to be most precious: a Home. So many things work together to create the feeling of Home, don't they? Peace, order, love and our little family made up of Michael & Me and our little zoo. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the peace I feel, and find myself with a lump in my little throat at my good fortune and happiness. So long have I sought this and now it is here at last! I am so thankful, so very, very thankful.
I could not have achieved this level of joy on my own. Thank you all for the parts you have played in helping me to get to where I am today. Each of you have been there with a smile, a hug, a joke, honesty, advice, guidance, encouraging letters and emails and most of all with your own desire for my happiness. My friend Helen has frequently asked me how I can stay so positive about the future when so many genuine tragedies have befallen me in my past. Well now you know. Perhaps my life has not been perfect, but my family and friends have more than made up the difference.
I am thankful.

6 comments:

Janie said...

Great... I'm at work and I'm crying. I've got to read your blog at home from now on! I have a tendancy to get very messy. Sure do love you.

Humphries said...

I am so happy for you! I love you so much and am very thnakful to have you in my life.

JJ said...

I'm happy to read that you are feeling satisfied and optimistic, that you've sort of arrived at a place you've always wanted to. And I'm a little jealous of the fact that you have a cute cat to play with.

Jocie said...

Sure do love you sweetie. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us. You're so special to all of us. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving in you HOME. Kisses to Michael.

Jim said...

One thing about this earthly existence: We'll never get out of it alive. A lot of people your age haven't yet caught on to that fact, precious Aubs. But you've been in possession of this knowledge for a long time now. And so it's important for you to have the things that make this life worth living and which help to ensure our happiness in the next life. Your post here proves all that. I'm proud of you. I'm constantly grateful for you, Aubey Wan. - Dad

James and Aimee said...

What a beautiful description of Home! You have such a way with words. I love reading what you write, and I love being part of your family. Lots of love to you, Chica.