Friday, July 17, 2009

Good Day, Sunshine

....pretty things make me smile....


So yesterday was just an all around fabulous day. The sun was shining and it was HOT (103!) and we actually got to get out into the world instead of watching it from our workplaces.

Mike and I both took the day off from our jobs as he went for his second interview at another Mercedes Benz dealership where he used to work, called Keyes European. The interview went really well, and some of Mike's former co-workers and friends even popped in to praise him and encourage the boss to hire him. It looks like he's pretty much got the job, and as soon as the mandatory background test comes back on Tuesday, it'll be official!

This will be such a blessing to our little family, and more especially to Michael. He will be working closer to home, which will save him time (personal, sleep and drive types especially) and gas expenses. He will be receiving a bit of a raise in pay. He will have more work in general, too, because Keyes European is a busier dealership. It's just looking to be a really great change all around.

We really believe all of this has happened because we are paying our tithing and also a generous fast offering. Suffice it to say that everything has lined up like a row of dominoes for the past week or two, and as we have prayed the Lord has opened doors for Michael to progress and also escape from the intensely negative situations at his current job.

After Mike took his drug test, we set out to spend the day taking care of a long list of Overdue To Do's. Can I just say how great it felt to have time and energy to do all of those things finally? And to be able to enjoy each other's company all day, too? Simple pleasures are my new favorite thing, I'm telling you. We shopped for groceries; we replated and polished my ring; we went to Mike's favorite pet shop; we had a healthy lunch together; we did a Wal-Mart run; we went to TJ Maxx looking for house stuff; we hit Costco and we went to dinner with Mike's friend Brett. It was just a fun day. Oh! And as I was going through some papers the other day I found a paycheck from June 1st that somehow I had never deposited, so that was great to take care of yesterday, too.

After we got home, and got all our purchases put away and organized, we just got to relax (me with the final Twilight book Mike bought me yesterday). I can't think of a way to spend a better day than doing things with my sweetheart and enjoying the gorgeous Southern California weather.
I'll be sure to let you know once Michael's new job position is official! Wish him luck!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That sounds like an awesome day! I am so happy for you both. I hope he does get the new job. Good luck!! And he will be in my prayers. I love you guys. Thanks for keeping us all up dated.

~Heidi~

Jim said...

A fine day, indeed! Congratulations to Mike on getting the old and better job back. And I know you're right about the tithing and fast offerings helping so much. Did you take the picture of all the blue butterflies? It is wonderful.

Love,

Dad

James and Aimee said...

Hooray for tithing blessings! They are truly amazing and wonderful. And I'm so glad you two got a day together. Those are always so very nice. Love to you!